Friday, May 11, 2012

Unexpected Project




So today hubby had off and we decided to work on an unexpected project.  Last Monday a storm blew through here and knocked down some very large branches.  We think the biggest one was struck by lightening and as it came down, it took others down with it.




So Justin got out the chipper and we've been slowly but surely working through it!


After three hours we got quite alot done:


The sun came out and it started getting hot, so we took a break and worked in the garden.


Looks like we will start pickling tonight!  I have never pickled on my own so this is gonna be a new experience for me...I'm super excited!!  We will pickle the cucumbers and the jalepenos.  We may even can some of the squash.  Pictures will be posted tomorrow!

On another note we have started another batch of chicks in our incubator:


We actually started them Wednesday night, 18 eggs.  We should have some baby chicks in 19 days! (It takes 21 days to hatch).  We just hatched out 14 chicks the beginning of this week:


All but 1 have feathers on their legs.  Looks like we'll have some bantam cochin cross breeds!

  We also have 9 little kittens added to our slowly growing farm. I love this time of year when we are surrounded by baby animals.







3 comments:

  1. I think Izabel and I would love to come and roll around with baby animals. I LOVE baby animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your farm looks lovely. Don't forget to spay and neuter kitties. You can always add to your farm by visiting your humane society. Good luck. Pamella

    ReplyDelete